This video takes you inside the distribution piping of a typical water system to see the Cleaning, Derouging, and Passivation process demonstrates the treatment process of a typical system and shows how passivation can improve the corrosion resistance.
Rouge Formation –
• Rouge crystals form on surface of metal
• Particles of rouge breakaway and migrate into the system
Astro Pak Pump Skid –
• Custom designed pump skids are used to mix and circulate chemistry through the system
Step 1: Cleaning –
• Removes organics from metal’s surface
Step 2: Derouging –
• Removes rouge/metal oxides from metal’s surface
Step 3: Passivation –
• Use chelants to remove free iron from the metal’s surface rendering it nonreactive and yields an optimal passive layer
Passivation is a treatment and cleaning process used to remove iron from the surface of corrosion resistant steel parts. Chemical passivation forms a more uniform passive layer,which increases the Chromium to Iron Ratio, thus enhancing the corrosion resistance of the metal’s surface.
To learn more about the passivation process and Astro Pak, visit https://www.astropak.com