Precision Cleaning targets contaminants such as particles, fibers, oils and greases, resulting in a surface so clean it must be validated on a microscopic level. Precision cleaning is performed on large high-pressure gaseous oxygen as well as liquid oxygen tanks, lines, tubing and valves. Industries such as aerospace, military, commercial aircraft, semiconductor, medical device, laser, compressed gas vacuum require critical cleanliness.
Both require that a surface be cleaned, but Precision Cleaning requires some sort of measurement or analysis of the surface cleanliness to quantify and/or validate the level of cleanliness achieved!
We Offer the Following Precision Cleaning Services
- Aqueous Cleaning: water-based cleaning using additives such as detergents and surfactants, resulting in environmentally friendly methods of achieving the desired level of cleanliness
- Solvent Cleaning: using solvents to achieve the desired level of cleanliness
- Ultrasonic Cleaning: usually used along with detergents, this method using the power of special frequencies of sonic energy (sound waves) to enhance particle and soil removal from a surface
- High-Pressure Spray Cleaning: using the kinetic energy of a water jet to blast the particles and soils off of a surface. Most often used in conjunction with detergents or surfactants
- Wipe Cleaning: uses special lint and particle free wipes and swabs, often wetted with solvents or deionized water, to hand clean delicate surfaces that cannot withstand more aggressive cleaning methods
- Flush Cleaning: uses flowing liquids (Aqueous Cleaners or Solvents) at turbulent velocity through the interior of tubes, pipes, and other internal pathways to flush the contaminants out of the hardware or component.
- Vacuum Bakeout: vacuum baking to volatilize hydrocarbon contaminants, remove hydrocarbon entrapped in pores, and for outgassing
- Other Methods: there are a variety of methods available, such as CO2 “snow” cleaning for optics and other delicate surfaces, ionized gas “blowoff” for plastics.
Trust the Experts
Astro Pak has nearly 60 years of experience in precision cleaning for precision cleaning service. We are able meet the requirements of literally hundreds of industry specifications. This includes aerospace contractors, ULA, NASA, the Department of Defense, and many private industries and organizations. We have experience with large high-pressure gaseous oxygen as well as liquid oxygen tanks, lines, tubing and valves.
Astro Pak boasts the most advanced and largest contract precision cleaning facility in the United States. Our most notable location in our California ISO 9001:2008 & AS 9100 certified Certified Class 5 (class 100) and Class 6 (Class 1000) cleanrooms. Our Class 5 large component cleanroom handles hardware too large for most traditional cleanrooms. It features a high-speed roll up door (26’ W x 15’ H) and a 5-ton overhead bridge crane to accommodate large hardware. We also offer this service in our newest location in Florida, called Chemko. We also offer a fleet of mobile cleanrooms, equipment and chemicals to your site.
Hardware that enters our cleanroom includes a real-time electronic tracker to keep customers better informed on the status of order. In addition to cleaning, we also assemble and package items ranging in size from small fasteners to huge vessels. Our Research & Development department can develop a precision cleaning process that meets any requirement.
Astro Pak commits to providing customers with the level of excellence they expect and deserve by:
- Advanced Chemistry & Process Technology
- Highly Trained Personnel delivering superior consulting services
- Rapid Response
- State of the Art Equipment and Locations Nationwide
- Superior Documentation (Meeting cGMP Requirements)
In addition, our Certification packages are QMS/cGMP compliant for your systems and equipment maintenance records. Let our experienced and credentialed team of chemists, engineers, and other professionals on staff EXCEED your expectations.
Contact us today for more information.